These rules apply to seasonal tenants and campers. Please read through all the rules.
1. Park rules must be adhered to and will be enforced. Local town ordinances and laws, all state and federal laws, as well as any ordinances and laws, all state and federal laws, as well as any ordinance which affects the health and safety of other residents, must be followed.
2. Park owner is responsible to maintain all water supply and septic facilities (except there is no septic available on the island - dump station is in front area of park) Water supply for Seasonal sites will be shut down on or about October 15 - dependent on weather conditions, and turned back on when weather permits. Park owner is also providing basic refuse storage and disposal at one point in the park (specifically, the Dumpster on the south side of the Rec. Hall). Garbage must be in clear plastic bags. Recycling must be done according to county regulations. Those wishing to dispose of appliances, furniture, any steel or metal items, tires, car parts, paint, batteries, chemicals, etc. Must make their own arrangements.
3. Each tenant is responsible (where applicable):
a. to maintain their lot in an orderly fashion
b. to maintain the water, sewer and electric facilities which are above ground on their lot
c. for the maintenance of the riser pipe and the connecting pipe
d. maintenance of electrical connections up to and including the service connections.
e. for storage and disposal of garbage on their site
f. for insect and rodent control on their site
g. for noxious weed control
h. for storage and proper handling of toxic materials
4. Any change in tenancy or ownership is subject to approval by park manager and owner. The rented premises may not be sub-rented or subleased.
5. Park speed limit is 5 mph. We do have handicapped persons and children on the grounds and thus this is mandatory.
6. All animals must be approved by management. Some breeds will not be accepted. All dogs must be on a leash at all times and tenant must clean up after his/her own dog. Tenants not following this rule may be asked to make other arrangements for their dog. Any behavioral problems with any animal will make it necessary for tenant to make other arrangements for that animal. There must be a copy of your pet's rabies certificate on file in the office. Limit of two neutered indoor cats per trailer.
7. There is space at each site for one vehicle. For occasional additional vehicles or for the vehicle of a guest, please make arrangements with Park Manager. This is very important so you do not infringe on your neighbor's space.
8. No unlicensed or unregistered vehicles in any tenants yard or driveway. This is a town ordinance.
9. Guests are to sign in at Park Office. Tenant is responsible for guests and their visiting animals. ( Please note above guidelines).
10. Children should be under the supervision of an adult family member while on the grounds of Spruce Grove with close attention to those 10 years old and younger.
11. No bicycle riding after dark. Children must be accompanied by an adult after dark. Children are not allowed on the main driveway (between Route 49 and the marina boat launch pad) on bicycles on weekends due to the increase in traffic. It should be noted that Rt. 49 is a very busy road and we recommend that children stay back from Rt. 49.
12. The Landlord does not provide Lifeguard services and thus swimming in the lake is not endorsed by the Landlord. It is to be understood that there is no swimming in the Marina or launch bay.
13. No fishing in the Marina or Marina entranceways. This will be enforced.
14. Children must wear life jackets on the docks, when at the water's edge and must be accompanied by an adult.
15. No loud noises after 10 p.m. or before 8 a.m. (note: It is expected that noise levels be reasonable at all times for the "quiet enjoyment" of each tenant).
16. Seasonal fees are to be paid in advance unless other arrangements are made.
17. Grounds for End of Residency at Spruce Grove:
a. nonpayment of rent
b. the lot is used for illegal purposes
C. violations of federal, state or local law which are detrimental to the safety and welfare of the park residents.
d. violations of any rule or regulation and failure to correct the violation within ten days of receiving written notice from park owner.
e. problems between "neighbors" or Management that cannot be resolved.
18. If a tenant has any emergencies or need any help with anything pertaining to the park, contact:
Spruce Grove Marina
Cell phone - 436-5053
Please, do not hesitate to contact us when there is a problem; we will do our best to resolve it, or help you resolve it. "We didn't want to bother you..." is not a good answer after a problem-we would rather be bothered temporarily than have a major problem come up! (Thanks for understanding this).
19. No fireworks are allowed on the grounds.
20. Rules will be posted conspicuously in the Recreation (Rec.) Hall.
21. No open fires. Fires must be in a pit or container with a cover/top so there is no open flame. Manufactured fireplaces with screen and cover are our fist choice, for protection of all. Block fireplaces are acceptable as long as there is a cover so that sparks do no "fly" - especially on the island where sparks could damage boats or their covers/canvas. Also susceptible anywhere are trailer roofs, awnings, etc. The Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has mandated that wood for fires can not be transported in or out of the park
Guests are supposed to sign in each and every time they come. It is imperative for safety and security reasons that we know who is visiting and where they are staying.
There is a charge for each overnight guest.
We will be strictly enforcing this.